On July 05, 2021, the virtual Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the NEUST College of Arts and Sciences and Universitas Muhammadiyah Prof. Dr. Hamka, Indonesia was successfully done. The said undertaking aimed to foster academic cooperation between the two universities. It was attended by the NEUST and UMK officials and selected faculty members.
Before the MOU signing proper, the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, Dr. Mario M. Abesamis, Jr. and Prof. Anisia Kumla, the Dean of the UMK, gave their opening remarks. They also introduced the faculty members who would be involved in the Academic Cooperation. After which, inspirational messages were delivered by the NEUST President, Dr. Feliciana P. Jacoba and Dr. Gunawan Suryoputro, Rector of the UM Prof. Dr. Hamka.
The NEUST CAS Faculty members who will be involved in the partnership or academic cooperation with the UM are as follows:
1. Dr. Clarinda A. Reyes – Registered Psychometrician
2. Dr. Venus A. Vitales – Registered Psychometrician Registered Guidance Counselor
3. Dr. Melissa Belinda Faronillo – Registered Psychometrician Psychologist
4. Mary Claire D. Calura – Registered Guidance Counselor
5. Karen Jann M Aquino – Registered Psychometrician
6. Richard C. Arambulo – Registered Psychometrician Registered Guidance Counselor
Then, the virtual signing of the Memorandum of Understanding was made between the two Universities. For NEUST, it was represented by the NEUST President, Dr. FELICIANA P. Jacoba and the Director of the NEUST International and Domestic Institutional Linkages Office, Atty. Eric G. Claudio . For the UM, Indonesia, it was represented by its Rector, Dr. Gunawan Suryoputro.