INVITATION TO BID
- The Nueva Ecija University of Science and Technology (NEUST) through the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) invites contractors registered with and classified by the Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board (PCAB) to apply for eligibility and if found eligible to bid for hereunder civil works. Bids received in excess of the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) shall be automatically rejected at bid opening:
1.1 Name of Project: REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT OF UNIVERSITY CLOSED GYMNASIUM ROOFING SYSTEM (REBID)
Location: University Closed Gym, NEUST Sumacab Campus, Cabanatuan City
Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC): Php2,830,000.00
Source of Fund: INCOME
Contract Duration: 45 Calendar Days
Cost of Bidding Documents: Php5,000.00
1.2 Name of Project: REHABILITATION OF SWIMMING POOL (REBID)
Location: NEUST Sumacab Campus, Cabanatuan City
Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC): Php4,840,000.00
Source of Fund: INCOME
Contract Duration: 120 Calendar Days
Cost of Bidding Documents: Php5,000.00
- The BAC is conducting the public bidding for these Contracts in accordance with Republic Act No. 9184 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR).
- Contractors/Prospective Bidders who wish to participate in this bidding are required to present to the BAC the following original and/or certified true copies of the documents stated hereunder on the scheduled dates for Receipt of Letter of Intent from December 3-10, 2022:
- Valid and Current Mayor’s permit/Municipal License
- Valid Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board (PCAB) License
- DTI Certificate of Business Name Registration/SEC Registration Certificate
- Valid Certificate of PhilGEPS Registration
- Net Financial Contracting Capacity (NFCC) at least equal to the ABC
- Certificate of BIR Registration
- Statement of all ongoing government and private contracts within the relevant period, where applicable, including contracts awarded but not yet started, if any, whether similar or not similar in nature and complexity to the contract to be bid; and statement of the bidder’s Single Largest Completed Contract (SLCC) similar to the contract to be bid in accordance with ITB Clause 5.4 of PBD.
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- A complete set of Bidding Documents shall be issued only to those Contractors declared by the BAC to be eligible to bid. Bidding documents may be acquired from December 12-26, 2022 upon payment of the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents, pursuant to the latest Guidelines issued by the GPPB.
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the website of the Procuring Entity, provided that Bidders shall pay the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
- The NEUST will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on December 12, 2022 at 10:30AM via Video Conferencing/Zoom meeting which shall be open to all prospective bidders. Be advised that only Registered Owner/s of the Construction Firm or in case of a Corporation the President or its Operations Manager shall be allowed to represent the bidding entity during the Pre-Bid Conference for infrastructure projects. This is to avoid the unauthorized use of the business name of a firm or corporation by unscrupulous individuals who are neither connected nor part of that entity, for purposes of circumventing some of the rules on public bidding.
The schedule of procurement activities is shown below:
|Advertisement/Receipt of Letter of Intent||December 3-10, 2022|
|Pre-bid Conference (via Zoom)||December 12, 2022, 10:30AM|
|Issuance of Bid Documents||December 12-26, 2022|
|Deadline for Submission of Bids (Manual Submission)||December 26, 2022, until 5:00PM President’s Office Conference Room, Gen. Tinio (St.) Campus, Cabanatuan City|
|Opening of Bids (Face to Face)||December 27, 2022, 10:30AM President’s Office Conference Room, Gen. Tinio (St.) Campus, Cabanatuan City|
- Bids must be duly received by the BAC Secretariat through manual submission as indicated above. All Bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms and in the amount stated in ITB Clause 18. Late bids shall not be accepted.
On the last day for the submission of bids and no prospective bidder/s submitted its bid documents or only one (1) bid was submitted for the above-mentioned project, the same is deemed extended. This is to protect the interest of the University and full opportunity for a competitive bidding may be achieved. The University likewise reserves the right to cause extension or postponement of the filing of bids should similar situation arises.
- Bid opening shall be on December 27, 2022, 10:30 AM at President’s Office Conference Room, Gen. Tinio (St.) Campus, Cabanatuan City unless extended. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidder or his/her/its duly authorized representative/s. Failure to attend during the opening of bids shall be considered a waiver on the part of the bidder who likewise waives his/her right to raise questions during the bidding procedures.
- Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using a nondiscretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the 2016 Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act.”
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorship, partnerships, or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines, and to citizens or organizations of a country the laws or regulations of which grant similar rights or privileges to Filipino citizens, pursuant to RA 5183.
Bidders should have completed a contract similar to the Project equivalent to at least fifty percent (50%) of the ABC. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II (Instruction to Bidders).
- The NEUST reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids, to annul the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
- For more information concerning this bidding, please contact the following:
MS. MICHELLE A. SUPEÑA
Head, BAC Secretariat for Infra
NEUST Gen. Tinio St., Cabanatuan City
Telephone No.: (044) 463-0226
DR. HONORATO P. PANAHON